Take a day-trip exploring Chinatown in Toronto. Many would say this is the old Chinatown, as Chinatown has moved north to Markham. Torontonians would argue Markham isn’t Toronto, however that being said this is one of North America’s largest Chinatowns and one of 6 Chinatowns in the Greater Toronto Area. Along Spadina Ave. & Dundas Street West, you’ll be able to find many Chinese restaurants, shops, and outdoor markets throughout the year. It’s a great place to explore using your taste palate…. and for cheap!
Summer, or winter the markets are open! You can pick up some exotic Chinese fruits & veggies. You have the selection if you want Cantonese or Shanghai boo choy! Exciting right?
You can buy Chinese karma charms to bring happiness, wealth, prosperity & many blessings! Maybe a good house-warming gift?
With over 2000 stores across Asia & North America, TenRen’s is the place to buy your tea! They even created a jingle that is stuck in my head, ” buy three, get 1 free!” You can find it at 454 Dundas St W.
I love these spicy lamb & fish-ball skewers. They take about 10 minutes to cook, which is a perfect about of time to explore stores close by. You can get 4 skewers for $5.00. I don’t know about you, but I get excited! It’s right before the north-east corner at Spadina Ave. & Dundas Street West on Dundas.
Dumpling House Restaurant is a tasty & very inexpensive place to eat. It’s located at 328 Spadina Ave, Toronto. It’s open from 11:00 a.m. – 11:00p.m. Nom Nom Nom…..
This place is a great travel escape for the day in Toronto to Asia if your a tourist or local!
To watch my day watch the video below!
Love this city! #1LOVETO #AdelaideSt #Toronto
This little cub reveals his name at the Toronto Zoo. Soooo sweet! I am excited to visit him soon.
1. Appreciate the really cool street art.
2. Listen to live music whether it be on the street on in a bar!
3. Shop at many retro thrift shops!
4. Buy your fruits & veggies!
5. Enjoy the Rasta vibes!
6. Shop for some Bohemian clothes! ( This is where I like to buy my dresses for the summer!)
7. Enjoy a drink on a patio!
And of course alcoholic…. 😛
And while listening to live music!
8. Enjoy the many ethnic restaurants/shops & all their flavours!
9. Pedestrian Sundays! The last Sunday of every month from May – October, Kensington Market hosts Pedestrian Sunday’s with the market being closed from 12pm – 7pm! Enjoy the market with artists, musicians, & performers!
10. Simply BE! Enjoy the market!
Check out my latest video in Kensington Market from the weekend!
P.S, If you liked my video, please sub to my YouTube Channel!
For those of you who don’t know, I am turning the BIG 3-0 next month! It’s cray cray! So this birthday is supposed to be a milestone from what everyone says. You know I’m leaving my 20’s and am a big girl now, or errr woman I should say. Bye Bye 20’s! Everyone said I should do something BIG, but I was thinking really I don’t want to do anything BIG. I want something more low key.
Here is a list of 30th Birthday ideas in Toronto & around:
1. Paris: Isn’t there a saying, “Paris is always a good idea.”????? I swear I’ve seen it on pillows in Chapters & on Pinterest. In my mind it had a nice ring to it. Paris…. wine…. cheese….. It just has that “Je ne sais quoi”. Nothing too crazy you know. Perhaps just for 4 days or so? So, I found a flight with Air France a month ago for $680ish leaving Tuesday night and returning Sunday evening. It’s not so low key . . . It did sound fun! However 3-0 sounds like I have to be a little more responsible. What do I think this is, living on a permanent vacation? 😛
2. Salsa Dancing: There are so many places in Toronto that have good Latin nights. The last Latin night I went to was probably over a year ago ( Why have I not gone???) and I always have so much fun when I go. Keyword, “when.” Lol… ( Maybe it was almost 2 years ago!) I love salsa and bachata. It’s always so much fun!
3. Niagara Falls Wine Tour: Going for a wine tour and having lunch with the girls on Niagara on the Lake. I went once on a wine tour with my Grandpa, and it was quite nice. Well, except for the comment when someone asked me to pass the glass to my husband. Husband? That’s the Grandpa buddy!!!! Omg, what’s wrong with people? Oy vey! But anyways, that would be a lovely day!
4. Lady Danger Night Out: I’ve been wearing Lady Danger lipstick from MAC cosmetics and all of a sudden I got the nickname “Lady Danger” from my bestie Ms. Jeannie. So, I was thinking we could all go out and wear Lady Danger lipstick. lol… Only I think of this right? Well, maybe we could do that wherever we end up going! I am sure my friends will be delighted with the idea. ha ha
5. Afternoon Tea at The Windsor Arms Hotel: Today I went to Social Media Week in Toronto which was held at The Windsor Arms Hotel. What a gorgeous property! Very elegant and full of character! I was so happy when I saw the room where the hold Afternoon Tea/High Tea! I always have envisioned having tea parties and room in my house one day just for this serving my friends fresh scones and biscuits. ha ha This is a true story! For my 24th birthday we went to The Fairmont Royal York for high tea! We could do this again…. 6 years later. It’s just so pretty! This being said two of my close friends don’t drink tea. 😛
There you have my 30th Birthday ideas! What do you think? Any suggestions? I’d love to hear about what your fav is from the list in the comment box below!
For social media marketing management services or life coaching email : firstname.lastname@example.org